Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another successful day!!!

The cement mixer hasn't stopped running for 2 days now. The outside wall is up and the foundation to the houses that were taken down is about ready to be poured. Kevin and his crew come in tomorrow so hopefully they can get to work right away.

Tuesday we took the Gate's family to the airport and it only took about 2 hours to get through traffic. Ha! Ha!! It usually only takes about 20 minutes. We went to Father Tony's orphanage and dropped off supplies. Father Tony is in the DR due to an ongoing illness and he has turned the orphanage over to Pascale, a Haitian man. This orphanage is for terminally ill children. I was glad that we were able to go.

Yesterday we took a road trip to the orange market with Missy, the cook. That was quite an adventure. We made it to and from with just the Blancs, no Haitians. I was pretty impressed with us.

Barbara flew out to Florida today and will be back on Sunday. She is going to stay with Joe and his family. I told her that she deserved to get a little R&R which I know won't happen but at least she can take a break from the Village for a few days.

I really wanted to try and send a few pics of our progress with the building but the computer is way too slow so I promise I will post when I get back home.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!!!

Hugs,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment