Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mom and Richard are headed to the airport to fly home this morning. I wish they could stay with us for a few more days but I guess you have to get back to work sometime. Ha! Ha!

We went to a few tent cities and gave out food and clothing 2 days ago. That was quite an experience. The kids just melt your heart and were so excited to just get a sucker! We have had rain every night now for about 1 week then it clears up during the day. Lucien took me, Mom, Richard, and Missy to the Baptist mission yesterday and we had a real lunch. I had chicken nuggets (at least I think it was chicken) and everyone else had hamburgers. On our way up there we stopped at the orphanage in PetionVille and gave candy and toys to the children. There were only about 10 kids there and the rest are finally home with there adoptive parents. They were glad to see us and were so sweet. I wish I could pack them all up and bring them home with me. On our way back we were going to take Missy to the airport to catch a flight to the Dominican and we were running a little late so she hopped on a motorcycle and made it just in time to catch her flight. Mighty brave!!! I think I would rather miss my flight than get on a motorcycle in Haiti. She will be coming back sometime today. She went with a lady that is adopting 2 kids from here to see if they could get Visas from the German Embassy. Please pray that she gets the Visas and can take her children home soon.

The boys are hard at work again today and continue to make progress with the building. I promise I will send pics when I get home. They have done an amazing job. The Haitian workers are very impressed with them and said they have never had American's come in and actually work. They are used to being told what to do without the help. Boss Man has been begging them all to stay.

Well, better run for now.

Mandi

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandi,
    My name is Aimee and I am from Logan. The girls I am in charge of are making sock puppets. They would like to donate these to an orphanage overseas as a service project. Would Ruuska Village or somewhere else you know, maybe a hospital, benefit from them? We would love to send them your way. Please contact me at aimeemarble @ gmail.com (no spaces around the @).

    Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon,
    Aimee Marble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandi!!
    sounds like you guys are making great progress! Wish we were there with you. Give Ruuska and barbara our love!
    I arrive on the 21st and it sounds like we will be going straight to Cayes-Jacmel. How long are you staying?
    sending you all our love
    karen

    ReplyDelete